Friday, January 11, 2008

Snow in Incheon


It’s snowing! Well, not right this minute but; it did snow all day today. It snowed big fat snowflakes and little skinny snowflakes. There were quick darting flakes and drifting floaty flakes. Apparently, it doesn’t snow in Incheon like it did today, so it was pretty special. It is always special for me when it snows, because I have probably seen the snow fall from the sky a number I could count with my fingers.



I’m still having a pretty great time. We met some other teachers who are also staying here in the same building, but teaching at a different camp. Today was the birthday of one of them, Peter, and Sarah and I went and visited the little party in his second story apartment. It was full of people from his camp, other teachers and TAs mostly. It was nice to meet some new faces and share in a little debauchery. (There was one big bottle of whiskey, a bottle of white wine, a bottle of absinthe, a bottle of pomegranate juice, and a couple of other bottles of some other stuff.) They also had a beautiful little cake to go with it. I had just a taste of some weird kind of sweet Korean wine and bid them adieu as they jaunted off to meet a cab to take them to a bowling alley. As inhumane as it may seem, I have to work tomorrow, Saturday, and was unable to join the caravan.

Nicholas, Sarah, Ryan, and I walked into town where we found a little dinner of stall food, mandu (Korean dumplings), and kimbop (Korean sushi). I ate a perfect dinner of basically some meat-stuffed dumplings, a vegetable roll, and peppery hot broth for about two dollars.

I love countries where you can eat out for cheaper than you would if you bought items at the store, cooked it yourself, and washed your dishes! Hip hip hooray!

1 comment:

andrealacanela said...

Me nee noo!!!!
Very few know what that means. I love language, epecially making up my own.
Have fun on the other side of the ocean. Wow!