Sunday, January 27, 2008

Clubbing in Seoul

This week was rather uneventful. The work is pretty filling of time, so the events during the week are mostly work. We did have a “carnival” at camp this week and I was a face painter of all things, which was hilarious because that’s what I do for work at home. It was a lot of fun to paint up the kids!


We went clubbing Seoul style on Saturday. It was a lot of fun and must-do experience. Sarah, Ellie, Nick, and I met Jung Won and Yong Gok at the subway and we all rode the subway in together into Seoul, where we met up with a couple of co-workers, Heidi and Kate. We found the Chicken Palace for dinner and the chicken was truly tender and delicious and well, palace-like. We got going with the beer and soju there and were soon off to the clubs.
Here's the girls all ready to go.


A lot of clubs seem the same anywhere you go. The three clubs we went to all played the popular hip hop hits, guys try to grind on girls who don’t really want to dance with them, and you make the fun yourself. We had a great group of people, so we didn’t have too much trouble having fun. We danced, drank beer, and just let loose after a long work week.


The troops slowly disbanded until only Sarah, Jung Won, Yong Gok, and I were the only ones left. We proceeded to get some ice cream in the freezing cold and found a taxi to take us all the way back to Incheon.

The next day was spent recuperating and I just chilled. I did manage to get out and get some dinner and I even bought a little skirt for Thailand, just to remind myself that some day very soon I will be able to walk around outside without a down jacket.

1 comment:

DCE said...

You mean kind of like the attempts at "impersonal grinding" experienced at The Bounty in Kuta? I hate that stuff....

Sooo, you have another week to go now or is it 1.5?

Hey you look great in these photos, way to keep looking young! Wait; you still are.
xox - soave loco